What important events happened in the 2010s?
- 2010 – Instagram founded.
- 2010 – The Deepwater Horizon oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico explodes, spilling millions of gallons of oil into the sea.
- 2010 – In the 2010 Midterm elections, the Republicans retake the House of Representatives as the Democrats lose 63 seats.
What has happened in the last ten years?
Politics and World Events
- Occupy Wall Street.
- Black Lives Matter.
- 2016 Presidential Election.
- Haiti Earthquake.
- Terrorist Attacks.
What major events happened in the year 2015?
Here is a list of some of the biggest news stories of 2015.
- Charlie Hebdo Attack in Paris.
- Germanwings Plane Crash.
- Deaths by Police Officers.
- Amtrak Train Crash.
- Prison Escape in New York.
- Charleston Church Shooting.
- On-Air Shooting in Virginia.
- Major Murder Trials.
What was the biggest event in 2020?
Here is a list — and timeline — of the major events that happened last year:
- Australian bushfires. Enlarge Image.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit royal family.
- COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kobe Bryant’s death.
- Impeachment of President Donald Trump.
- “Parasite” sweeps the Oscars.
- Harvey Weinstein verdict.
- Stock market crash 2020.
Why is 536 worst year?
In 2018, medieval scholar Michael McCormick nominated 536 as “the worst year to be alive” because of the extreme weather events probably caused by a volcanic eruption early in the year, causing average temperatures in Europe and China to decline and resulting in crop failures and famine for well over a year.
Why is it called 21st Century?
Originally Answered: Why is this period called the 21st century? Because you count from 0 to the end of 99 and that was the first century the second century started on 100 to 199 etc so you are always looking backwards to the previous years to determine what century you are in or have been in.
Who was born in the year 1 BC?
Birth of Jesus